Hair cuts & styling for men, women and children
What ever you need, just a light trim or a whole new style, Cornerstone Hair Studio has been cutting hair in the Tri-City area for more than 20 years. Many of our clients first came to us as children and they now rely on us to make them look good in their professional career.
Why do clients keep coming back – we offer a great cut in a fun and friendly environment at affordable prices. We want you as a long-term client so we’ll give you a cut that you can maintain at home. We have seen many salons start up and then close because they are over priced. In the salon business over paying does not mean you are getting a better cut – it simply means you paid more than you should have.
Hair shaping with blow drying
Do you have a special occasion and need to look your best but don't really need a cut. Schedule an appointment and have your hair styled the day of your event.
Full hair color services
We have a complete offering of hair coloring products and color lines. Not all hair is created equal and knowing how color will affect your hair is important. Whether you are looking for just a touch up, maybe cover a little gray or a totally new shade, we know color. Ammonia free color is available upon request. Call to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
Highlights & Lowlights
Want to add a little something extra to your style? Did you just get a cut and color a week ago but think something is missing from your new look? Highlights or lowlights can add just what you want, from mild to bold, we can give you the look you want .
Custom hair coloring
Want that edgy, bold, make a statement with your hair color look? We can give you what ever look and color you desire. Call to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
Men’s hair coloring services
Men make up close to half of your clientele and yes, men do color their hair. Many men today want to cover their gray. It makes them look younger and increases confidence in their business and personal lives.
Deep hair conditioning treatments
If you blow dry or flat iron your hair you may need to deep condition your hair to repair and renew it. Deep conditioning feeds your hair, makes it manageable and easier to style and control.
It will also add fullness and shine.
A perm will add curls or waves to your hair that will last for months. We can add texture, volume or curls. If you have questions call to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
With our in depth knowledge of hair color from time to time we get calls asking if we provide color correction. These calls are from people that went elsewhere, had their hair colored and are disappointed with the results. We understand that the way you look affects the way you feel. Over coloring can damage and cause your hair to become brittle, making it difficult to style and lead to exsessive breakage. If you are not happy with your hair color we will consult you on some options we can provide.
Your natural hair color comes from the same substance that creates the color of your skin and on average you lose between 50 to 100 hairs a day. The good new is that a full head of hair has approximately 100,000 hairs.
On average the hair on your head grows for 3 – 7 years and at any give time 85% - 95% of your hair is growing. So what about the other 5% - 15%? That hair is resting, typically for several months, then it falls out.
Your hair color is produced by your follicles producing a substance called melanin, in general the more melanin the darker the hair. Gray hair is a result of your follicles producing little to no melanin. This causes the individual hair to be transparent and look gray due to the dead cells of the hair. Vitamin B-12 deficiency can also cause hair to gray. Smokers are also four time more likely to go gray at a young age than non-smokers.